Thursday, May 15, 2008

housing

Mike and I bought a house! It's crazy really. We thought it might be a smart thing to do about a month ago so we started looking. One of the houses we first looked at was perfect! We put a bid on it and settled on Monday, May 12, 2008. The sellers have been amazing, helping us fix things and what not. This process has made me realize how blessed I am and I'm not taking it for granted! Anyway, the house is in Hampstead. It's a townhome with three floors, a finished basement, three bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, deck, fireplace, etc. We plan on moving on May 24th so once we start getting in there I will take some pictures. I will admit, I'm a little overwhelmed. We have a lot of packing and stuff to do and I know I'm going to be hitting that nesting stage soon and want to get this new house in top notch order before the baby gets here. I ordered the furniture (thanks Ms. Bobbie) and can't wait for that to come in! I want everything to be perfect for Weston. Knowing that, I realize I have a lot to do in the next 8 weeks or so! Pray that I don't wear myself out! I want to keep him and myself healthy!

1 comment:

J D Burke said...

Hi Miranda!! Congratulations on the house!!! How exciting!!! I cannot wait to see the pictures! I am sure you will make it beautiful. I still can't believe you are having a baby! Have you picked any names yet, or is it a secret? I hope all is going well, and if you ever need anything - don't be afraid to ask us!!