Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines

Check out how we made some awesome Valentines!!!

First we had to do some finger-painting. Here is Weston-mad about it for some reason....

But then he got happy. Notice how he is finger-painting with a sponge....

We taped the artwork onto the door to dry. Aren't they pretty?

After they were dry I cut them out in heart shapes and glued them onto scrap paper hearts.

Here they all are! (I want to thank Terri Peters for her finger painting idea!!!)

We also did these fun Valentines for Weston's teachers at church. We used cut outs of his hands to make hearts. I got the tutorial from sproutonline.com (here).

Finally, I made some sugar cookies using a recipe from Blue Cricket Design. They turned out pretty awesome!
I'm so sad that I didn't take a picture of the final result. It was late, I was tired and just trying to finish them up (lame excuse, I know.) We put each cookie in a baggie and punched a hole in the top of each Valentine. Then I used ribbon to tie the bags to the Valentine. They were so cute! All of Weston's friends and teachers loved them. :)

Ok, so really I'm posting this 2/20/2010 but with the magic of "post options" I made this post appear on time! Yay!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Cute Valentines! I love them!