Friday, July 31, 2009

Yet another appointment update

So I was supposed to go the doctors today but yesterday morning I woke up and had some pinkish discharge. I called the doctor and they had me come in for an appointment. Once I was there, they monitored contractions and fetal heart rate and movement for about 20 minutes. The heart rate and movement was great! I had only 2 contractions in the 20 minutes. So I was obviously not in active labor which I knew anyway. The doctor didn't seem concerned about the pinkish discharge, just said it could be normal because of the mucous plug coming out. I think she checked to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid, which it wasn't. I was 3 cm dilated! Yay! And I had her strip my membrane again. I'm hoping this gets things really moving. (Also, I lost a pound). I started having contractions last night. They are painful and still about 6-7 minutes apart. I'm hoping they get closer together soon so I can go to the hospital and have this beautiful baby! Otherwise, I'm scheduled for another appointment next Tuesday. :)

No comments: